Tuesday 26 June 2018

On 13:46 by U of A Networking   No comments
Public Summary - Summer Job


Summer Job
My summer job duties primarily regarded the creation and updating of the various factsnet websites (both old and newly developed by the tech team I was a part of), although in many cases I took upon myself a more managerial role within the teams I was a part of (the spruce grove team, and the tech team) in order to accomplish a satisfactory outcome, as well as avoid potential hardships in the future. I am also a planned executive member of the FACTS U of A club, in the tech role. While activities regarding said club have not started yet, my experience as an exec for the Video Game Arts and Design (VGAD) as well as the Undergraduate Association of Computing Science (UACS) will benefit the U of A club. 


Beyond website creation and maintenance, I also performed data collection, creating scripts which scraped directory information from various municipal directory websites (containing 500 - 2000 business entries each) as well as the manual collection of general data about the Spruce Grove community, such as the facebook groups and business organizations. The collected directory information was intended for inclusion in the Tri-Smart ONE website database. 


My more managerial activities involved the contact and coordination of team members in their tasks, making sure that they were performing tasks they excelled in, and preventing accidental collision of task goals. This was prevalent both in the Spruce Grove Team (primarily regarding events post- Public hearing, such as the workshops) and tech teams (primarily regarding the Tri-Smart ONE project). 


As part of the Global Soul Wellness project, I created and presented a presentation on Ethics, focusing on the creation of ones own ethic system, and an explanation of my own as an example. 


Internship
My internship has yet to start.It will most likely be used completing tasks I have started in my Summer Job, as well as preparing for future FACTS employees to continue my work. 


As results of the above work, I have created the presentable pieces of work that are linked below.

Tri-Smart ONE related documents and websites


Spruce Grove ARP related documents and websites


Other


Documents I worked on also include the Team Report for both Spruce Grove and the Tech Team, as well as adding on to Allisons notes regarding the ARP workshop meeting. 


Conclusion
Originally just a tech guy, I endeared myself to take some managerial responsibility, both kickstarting a project which had the support of my peers, and managing the tasks of the teams I was a part of regarding specific goals and events. I started work on web development, something I have yet to touch in my current education in the U of A. And for the first time worked alongside colleagues as full coworkers and teams. 


As I am graduating next semester I am unsure if I am to take part in FACTS in the future. If it were the case, I would wish to bring FACTS Alberta wide to its full potential, however it is desires itself to become. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment